When planning your wedding in Charlotte, one of the most exciting decisions is selecting the flowers that will grace your special day. Charlotte’s unique climate offers a diverse array of seasonal blooms throughout the year. Choosing flowers that are in season not only ensures their freshness, but also allow you to align your wedding with the natural beauty of the region. In this guide, these insights will help you as you plan your wedding and think about wedding photography, we’ll explore the best seasonal wedding flowers in Charlotte for each season, helping you make floral choices that perfectly complement your wedding date.
PHOTO: SOUTHERN WEDDINGS
Spring Blooms (March to May)
1. Azaleas: These vibrant and abundant flowers are a quintessential symbol of spring in Charlotte. Their vivid colors, including shades of pink, white, and purple, make them an excellent choice for a spring wedding bouquet.
2. Peonies: Known for their lush and romantic appearance, peonies are beloved springtime flowers. Their soft, pastel hues and voluminous petals create a dreamy and elegant bouquet.
3. Dogwood Blossoms: The dogwood tree, North Carolina’s state flower, produces delicate white or pink blossoms in spring. These flowers can add a touch of local charm to your wedding decor.
PHOTO: ELIZABETH FOGARTY PHOTOGRAPHY
Summer Splendor (June to August)
1. Hydrangeas: Hydrangeas are a popular choice for summer weddings due to their full and bountiful appearance. They come in various shades, including blue, purple, pink, and white.
2. Sunflowers: For a cheerful and rustic summer wedding, sunflowers are an excellent choice. Their bright yellow blooms add a burst of color to any arrangement.
3. Dahlias: With their intricate petal patterns and rich colors, dahlias are ideal for creating vibrant and eye-catching bouquets. They come in an array of shades, from deep burgundy to soft pastels.
PHOTO: BEN YEW PHOTOGRAPHY
Autumn Elegance (September to November)
1. Roses: Roses are classic and timeless, making them suitable for any season. In autumn, consider deep red, orange, or burgundy roses to complement the season’s warm and earthy tones.
2. Chrysanthemums: Known as “mums,” these hardy flowers are available in various colors and can add a touch of elegance to your autumn wedding decor.
3. Eucalyptus:* Although not a flower, eucalyptus foliage is a popular choice for autumn weddings. Its silvery leaves provide a beautiful backdrop for other fall blooms.
PHOTO: MILL POND ESTATE
Winter Wonderland (December to February)
1. Poinsettias: The iconic red poinsettia is synonymous with the holiday season. Incorporate these festive flowers into your winter wedding decor for a touch of Christmas charm.
2. Amaryllis: Amaryllis blooms in various shades, including red, white, and pink, making them an excellent choice for winter weddings. Their trumpet-shaped flowers exude elegance.
3. Orchids: Orchids are exotic and sophisticated flowers that can add a touch of luxury to your winter wedding. White and deep purple orchids are especially popular for this season.
By selecting seasonal wedding flowers that align with the time of year, you not only embrace the beauty of Charlotte’s natural cycles, but also ensure that your blooms are at their peak. Whether you’re planning a spring garden ceremony, a summer beach wedding, a fall barn celebration, or a winter wonderland affair.
I’m Harry, a wedding photographer from Charlotte, NC, and together, we’ve explored the beauty of seasonal flowers for your big day. By choosing flowers that match the time of year, you’re not only adding natural charm, but also creating lasting memories that connect with Charlotte’s seasons. Whether it’s the colorful azaleas in spring, the sunny sunflowers in summer, warmer roses in autumn, or the elegant orchids in winter, your choice of seasonal flowers, along with my expertise as your wedding photographer, will make your special day a perfect reflection of your love story and this wonderful city.